Whether you need answers to specific questions or simply want to expand your industry knowledge, you’ve come to the right place!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We support the latest versions of:
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe PageMaker
• Microsoft Office
We accept files sent via:
• Our Website at PelHughes.com
• By FTP Transfer (Call for Details)
• On disk (Flash, Zip, CD)
Help us print your job exactly the way you want it!
Please use the list below for efficient production of your product:
• Provide all fonts with your job, including those used in EPS graphics
• All Mac-supported PostScript Type 1 printing and screen fonts must be supplied with your files
• If you’re using PC fonts, please supply a list of all fonts used in your files
• Provide all linking art files (TIFF, EPS, etc.)
• Make sure the linking art is made with an appropriate resolution. (a.) 300 ppi for continuous-tone images (b.) 1200 ppi for line-art images
• Make sure file names of linking art match those called for in your layout files.
• Clearly label any elements that are “For Position Only.”
• Make sure the document size of each layout file is the same as the desired trim size.
• Make sure any element that is intended to bleed actually extends beyond the document edges (Our standard bleed is 1/8-inch)
• Provide hard copy (such as laser prints) or a PDF with your job. Print your lasers at 100% size if possible
• Eliminate unused elements from the pasteboard or from hidden layers in your files
• Eliminate unused colors from each file and eliminate duplicate colors in each file
• Eliminate files from your disk that are not intended to be part of your project
• Do not define any rules as “hairline.” If you want a very fine rule, set it to 1/2-point
• Set your colors to CMYK or spot colors, not RGB.